At Amthal Fire & Security, our aim is to create tailored security solutions to help you feel confident that you, your family and your possessions at home are safe and secure.
Whilst we work with you to ensure the right alarm, CCTV and latest smart solutions are installed, we also make sure your outbuildings, garage and shed, alongside any access points to your home and garden are safe.
Ultimately, we want to remove any opportunity for a criminal or opportunist to successfully enter your premises, there are a number of steps listed below that will assist is protecting what's precious to you.
1) Hide all keys so they are out of sight and avoid keeping them by the letterbox!
2) Using automatic timers on light switches which will give off the impression you are home
3) As tempting as it may be to share news on your upcoming holiday on social media - burglars can use this information and will know exactly when the property is empty!
4) Always ensure that windows and doors are locked when you are out - even if you're 'just popping to the shops'
5) Make sure that any tools, including ladders, are stored securely - not only to prevent theft, but this will prevent a burglar from using your own items against you during a burglary!
6) Keep gardens tidy - overgrown bushes and trees are the perfect place for a burglar to hide
7) Be alert! It takes less than 1 minute for the average burglar to break in and they will typically be out of the property within 8-12 minutes!
8) Keep your curtains and blinds closed. This prevents the burglar from seeing if you are home or any potential items that they can steal
9) Install a safe that is bolted down to store your valuable items. These can be concealed in areas that are not so obvious and where a burglar may not think to look
10) Change your locks. If you have recently moved into a property, asking a locksmith to change your locks is advised - you don't know how many copies of your keys may be out there!
11) Install CCTV cameras. Burglars are more likely to be put off by CCTV cameras as well as a dog barking, TV's being turned on and intruder alarms
12) Store valuable items in a loft. A burglar is very unlikely to go into a loft as they will struggle to escape if you suddenly return home
What security systems are best for you and your home?
We don't expect you to be technical or even to know what type of home security equipment you might need - that's our job! All we ask you to do is talk to us about what you want to protect in and around your home. Then leave the rest to us.
Free, no-obligation Risk Assessment
The first step is for us to come and visit you at home for a free, no-obligation survey. The survey takes around 45 minutes but we'll be pleased to stay as long as you need, so we can answer all your questions regarding burglary prevention.
We'll complete a full risk assessment in accordance with the European Standard EN 50131 requirements; we'll recommend the most appropriate home security systems and we'll explain how we would install them, with the priority to minimise disruption to your home and make the system as unobtrusive as possible.
Working with us
We'll deliver and install the entire system. We'll show you how it works and answer any questions. We'll offer you a range of comprehensive maintenance programmes. And we'll always be at the end of a phone if you need help. That's our commitment to you.
To ask us anything you want about your home security, or to book your free, no-obligation home survey, phone free on 0800 093 7818 or click here to email your enquiry.
Trust & Confidence - Our Accreditations & Standards
Amthal Security has SSAIB and UKAS accreditations, which are recognised by police forces and insurance companies, and our staff are security vetted by the police. Our risk assessment surveys and installation projects are carried out in accordance with European Standards and other applicable regulations. Our industry installs to EN 50131, which covers intruder alarm high security and wireless systems. We also take into account the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) implications for public access buildings.
Click to view the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) advice leaflet for Domestic Properties
Back to basic security and alarms are the premise to all good security. Amthal will ensure a monitored alarm, or wireless security system can be tailored to your property to keep your assets and possessions safe and protected from any opportunist or professional criminal activity.READ MORE>
If you are responsible for business premises, an employer or self-employed with business premises, responsible for a part of a dwelling where that part is solely used for business purposes, a charity or voluntary organisation or a contractor with a degree of control over any premises, you have a responsibility in relation to fire prevention!READ MORE>
As the world becomes more digital and buildings more intelligent, homeowners and businesses are looking at more efficient ways to secure buildings. Access control enables you total control on who has access to your building. Locks and keys also allow you to secure your building, but when keys are lost or stolen, the inconvenience and expense of changing locks and re-issuing keys can be considerable.READ MORE>
CCTV Installation can let you know who is at your door, help prevent incidents and criminal activity and help protect people and property. Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) works around the clock to help detect and deter crime, providing organisations with vital information. Many existing users of CCTV installation are failing to realise the full potential of their system and the benefits it can provide.READ MORE>
Amthal's team of surveyors and system designers include individuals with industry experience of over two decades, combined with technology specialists who's purpose it is to keep up with the ever changing industry technology, products and integration.READ MORE>
We are regularly audited by the SSAIB & BAFE to ensure all systems we install meet current BS & EU industry standard requirements, Our experienced and skilled staff will deliver the design, installation and commissioning of the entire system.READ MORE>
Preventative service visits form part of our industries codes of practice and are essential to ensure your electronic fire & security systems work effectively when most required. Amthal's service & maintenance contract customers receive priority response for all site and telephone support 24 hours a day 365 days a year.READ MORE>
Amthal partners with EMCS, the UK's leading independent alarm receiving centre. EMCS is approved by the security industry governing bodies NACOSS and BSIA to BS5979 and ISO9000. Their monitoring environment is resistant to any possible attack or power failures. All incoming telephone calls are responded to within 10 seconds!READ MORE>