According to the latest analysis from MoneySuperMarket, London postcodes dominate the list of burglary hotspots, with 16 out of the top 20 districts cited in the capital and surrounding areas.
The new survey, where the leading insurance company reviewed 1.8 million insurance quotes, reveals Ilford, east London to suffer the worst rates of burglary, followed by N20 Whetstone, Totteridge and RM6, Chadwell Heath, Marks Gate, Little Heath, Goodmayes (north), Hainault (South) (Romford.)
Northern Ireland had the lowest burglary rate in the UK, although MoneySuperMarket said there were numerous postcode districts, often in rural and remote areas, where burglary has fallen to virtually zero.
The Crime Survey of England and Wales, issued last week, revealed that domestic burglary offences fell by 8% in the year from October 2015 to September 2016, and are down 71% since 1995.
Says Jamie Allam, Commercial Director of Amthal Fire & Security: “When it comes to crime statistics and analysis, the start of the year’s revelations haven’t been great and it is understandable the ‘fear of crime’ remains high.
“With this in mind as we posted on our social media channels, we would urge you not to wait until the winter months, where traditionally the darker nights encourage a rise in crime to ensure your home security is up to date. If nothing else for total peace of mind.”
MoneySuperMarket recorded 123 districts of the UK where not a single applicant for home insurance said they had suffered a burglary at any time in the past five years.
Amthal Fire & Security is offering free security surveys across residential and commercial premises to ensure you have the most up to date security measures in place to keep your home and business, safe and secure.
1. IG4 Redbridge (Ilford) 54.7
2. N20 Whetstone, Totteridge, Oakleigh Park (north London) 52.6 Advertisement
3. RM6 Chadwell Heath, Marks Gate, Little Heath, Goodmayes (north), Hainault (South) (Romford) 51.5
4. LS5 Hawksworth, Kirkstall (north Leeds) 48.3
5. IG5 Clayhall (Ilford) 45.9
6. SW14 Mortlake, East Sheen (south London) 43.7
7. SE21 Dulwich, Dulwich Village, West Dulwich, Tulse Hill (part) (south London) 43.5
8. N21 Winchmore Hill, Bush Hill, Grange Park (north London) 42.8
9. SE24 Herne Hill, Tulse Hill (part), Dulwich (part) (south London) 42.6
10. SE27 West Norwood, Gipsy Hill (part) (south London) 42.5
11. N10 Muswell Hill (north London) 42.2
12. CB5 Cambridge (East) 41.8
13. UB5 Greenford, Northolt (west London) 41.6
14. BR4 West Wickham (south London) 41.2
15. M21 Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Barlow Moor (Manchester) 40.5
16. IG2 Gants Hill, Newbury Park, Aldborough Hatch (Ilford) 39.4
17. LS8 Fearnville, Gipton, Gledhow (Leeds) 39.3
18. N11 New Southgate, Friern Barnet, Bounds Green, Arnos Grove (part) (north London) 39.2
19. IG6 Barkingside, Fullwell Cross, Hainault (south), Fairlop (Ilford) 39.0
20. SE26 Sydenham, Crystal Palace (part) (south London) 38.8 UK average: 12.44
Analysis based on 1.84m quotes run on MoneySuperMarket, January 2015 to December 2016 inclusive. Contents theft rate calculated using five years’ claim history for theft of contents (rate per 1,000 quotes).
Back to basic security and alarms are the premise to all good security. Amthal will ensure a monitored alarm, or wireless security system can be tailored to your property to keep your assets and possessions safe and protected from any opportunist or professional criminal activity.READ MORE>
If you are responsible for business premises, an employer or self-employed with business premises, responsible for a part of a dwelling where that part is solely used for business purposes, a charity or voluntary organisation or a contractor with a degree of control over any premises, you have a responsibility in relation to fire prevention!READ MORE>
As the world becomes more digital and buildings more intelligent, homeowners and businesses are looking at more efficient ways to secure buildings. Access control enables you total control on who has access to your building. Locks and keys also allow you to secure your building, but when keys are lost or stolen, the inconvenience and expense of changing locks and re-issuing keys can be considerable.READ MORE>
CCTV Installation can let you know who is at your door, help prevent incidents and criminal activity and help protect people and property. Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) works around the clock to help detect and deter crime, providing organisations with vital information. Many existing users of CCTV installation are failing to realise the full potential of their system and the benefits it can provide.READ MORE>
Amthal's team of surveyors and system designers include individuals with industry experience of over two decades, combined with technology specialists who's purpose it is to keep up with the ever changing industry technology, products and integration.READ MORE>
We are regularly audited by the SSAIB & BAFE to ensure all systems we install meet current BS & EU industry standard requirements, Our experienced and skilled staff will deliver the design, installation and commissioning of the entire system.READ MORE>
Preventative service visits form part of our industries codes of practice and are essential to ensure your electronic fire & security systems work effectively when most required. Amthal's service & maintenance contract customers receive priority response for all site and telephone support 24 hours a day 365 days a year.READ MORE>
Amthal partners with EMCS, the UK's leading independent alarm receiving centre. EMCS is approved by the security industry governing bodies NACOSS and BSIA to BS5979 and ISO9000. Their monitoring environment is resistant to any possible attack or power failures. All incoming telephone calls are responded to within 10 seconds!READ MORE>