As the kids take full advantage of the summer break, holiday season is here and even the British summer sun returns to us (albeit briefly), home security is more important than ever.
We know you’ll want to enjoy the few days of summer before it’s over, with every window and door in the house wide open, but remember, burglars will be on the prowl, looking for easy opportunities to enter your home. Don't let them take advantage!
- Keep windows and doors locked in rooms that you aren’t in. Leaving your patio doors wide open and being in another room is a huge no-no.
- Burglars can get in and out in minutes without you even noticing. Ensure that you shut and lock your windows when you’re out, even if it’s just for a few minutes.
- Whilst you may not want to come home to a hot house, it’s probably preferable to a burgled one! Close windows if you’re BBQing in the garden. Again, all it takes is a few minutes for burglar to get in and out.
- Lock up your garage or shed when undertaking gardening. A garage door wide open whilst you’re lawn mowing gives burglars the chance to take what’s on show…golf clubs, bikes etc. Plus it may lead to ladders, making it even easier to access your home.
An obviously empty house is an enticing proposition for a burglar. Keep your house secure whilst you’re on holiday with these top tips:
- Ensure you cancel regular orders that give any indication that you’re away
- Invest in some good quality timers and put lights and TVs on different time settings Don’t leave your curtains closed. An opportunistic burglar will notice this and be back to check if they are still closed the next day
- Don’t be overly chatty with your taxi driver on the way to the airport, people have been burgled from sharing too much this way Be social when you get back.
- It’s tempting to check-in on Facebook whilst at the airport and post or tweet your photos real-time, but remember it’s probably not just your friends checking the social scene!
Back to basic security and alarms are the premise to all good security. Amthal will ensure a monitored alarm, or wireless security system can be tailored to your property to keep your assets and possessions safe and protected from any opportunist or professional criminal activity.READ MORE>
If you are responsible for business premises, an employer or self-employed with business premises, responsible for a part of a dwelling where that part is solely used for business purposes, a charity or voluntary organisation or a contractor with a degree of control over any premises, you have a responsibility in relation to fire prevention!READ MORE>
As the world becomes more digital and buildings more intelligent, homeowners and businesses are looking at more efficient ways to secure buildings. Access control enables you total control on who has access to your building. Locks and keys also allow you to secure your building, but when keys are lost or stolen, the inconvenience and expense of changing locks and re-issuing keys can be considerable.READ MORE>
CCTV Installation can let you know who is at your door, help prevent incidents and criminal activity and help protect people and property. Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) works around the clock to help detect and deter crime, providing organisations with vital information. Many existing users of CCTV installation are failing to realise the full potential of their system and the benefits it can provide.READ MORE>
Amthal's team of surveyors and system designers include individuals with industry experience of over two decades, combined with technology specialists who's purpose it is to keep up with the ever changing industry technology, products and integration.READ MORE>
We are regularly audited by the SSAIB & BAFE to ensure all systems we install meet current BS & EU industry standard requirements, Our experienced and skilled staff will deliver the design, installation and commissioning of the entire system.READ MORE>
Preventative service visits form part of our industries codes of practice and are essential to ensure your electronic fire & security systems work effectively when most required. Amthal's service & maintenance contract customers receive priority response for all site and telephone support 24 hours a day 365 days a year.READ MORE>
Amthal partners with EMCS, the UK's leading independent alarm receiving centre. EMCS is approved by the security industry governing bodies NACOSS and BSIA to BS5979 and ISO9000. Their monitoring environment is resistant to any possible attack or power failures. All incoming telephone calls are responded to within 10 seconds!READ MORE>