Security Risk Assessment
Purpose of the premises survey and risk assessment
The survey is required under the European Standards to which all
accredited operators in our industry adhere.
The guidelines for these risk assessments require that when
considering the design of security systems for commercial properly,
the design should be consistent with the risk of an attack on the
supervised (protected) premises. The level of risk is considered to
depend, among other issues, on the type of contents, the potential
for theft or damage, and the structure, location and general
environment of the building.
The survey therefore focuses on the following key areas:
- Contents type and value, particularly high-target
- Theft history, particularly theft of vital office
- Potential for damage, including vandalism and arson risks
- Building construction and openings, location, occupancy and
Prevailing legislation and regulations:
- European Standards: Our industry installs to EN 50131 standards
which cover intruder
alarm high security and wireless systems.
- Requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA)
- DD243:2004, which defines how a system can be armed and
disarmed to minimise false activation incidents.
Our business risk assessment survey is entirely free and without
Confidence and trust
All our commercial clients can be confident in working with
Amthal Security. We have SSAIB and UKAS accreditations, which are
recognised by the police and insurance companies, and all our
employees are police-vetted.
Click here for more
details of our accreditations and standards.
Click here for
details of the Amthal team of specialists.
To discuss your company security, or to book your free,
no-obligation risk assessment survey, phone free on 0800 093 781 or click here to email
Your company, your employees - don't take the risk. Talk to